Sunday 5 September 2010

Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow - Shame

Initially I quite liked this track, same as all their slow stuff, but still. Well, the more I hear it the more it annoys me. Its so half hearted, just look at the lyrics

Well there's three version of this story, mine, and yours and then the truth. // And we can put it down to circumstance our childhood then our youth. // Out of sentimental gain I wanted you to feel my pain, //But it came back return to sender. // I read your mind and tried to call, // My tears could fill the Albert hall. // Is this the sound of sweet surrender? // What a shame we never listened. //I told you through the television. // And all that went away was the price we paid. // People spend a life time this way. // Oh what a shame. // So I got busy throwing everybody underneath the bus. // Oh, and with your poster 30 foot high at the back of Toy-R-Us. // I wrote a letter in my mind but the words were so unkind about a man I can't remember. // I don't recall the reasons why. // I must have meant them at the time. // Is this the sound of sweet surrender? // What a shame we never listened. // I told you through the television. // And all that went away was the price we paid. // People spend a life time this way and that's how they stay. // Words come easy when they're true. // Words come easy when they're true. // So I got busy throwing everybody underneath the bus. // Oh, and with your poster 30 foot high at the back of Toy-R-Us. // Now we can put it down to circumstance our childhood then our youth. // What a shame we never listened // I told you through the television // And all that went away was the price we paid // People spend a lifetime this way // And that’s how they stay // Oh what a shame. // People spend a lifetime this way // Oh what a shame // Such a shame, what a shame


WTF? You got busy throwing people underneath the bus and with your poster at the back of toys r us? Go away.

One star for the first line, I liked that one
*°°°°

No comments:

Post a Comment